Thursday, August 29, 2024

Review: Just Add Water: My Swimming Life

Just Add Water: My Swimming Life Just Add Water: My Swimming Life by Katie Ledecky
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Katie Ledecky made history again in Paris. This was interesting; she wasn't the best swimmer when she started, but loved it. She talks about the level of sacrifice someone goes through for elite level training. As a teen, no hanging out with friends, etc. Fun reading about her relationship with her brother (and parents).
She also talks about Title 9 and the opportunities that came from it the woman athletes of yesterday did not have. She also points out the difference in coverage women's sports get vs men's sports. Overall, an interesting book from an interesting person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder

Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder by Salman Rushdie My rating: 4 of 5 stars Salman Rus...