Friday, July 12, 2024

Review: White Rural Rage: The Threat to American Democracy

White Rural Rage: The Threat to American Democracy White Rural Rage: The Threat to American Democracy by Tom Schaller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have many family members who live in rural communities. Most, not all of them, are fairly conservative and hold Trump with various degrees of reverence and admiration. Those with the most admiration and reverence are also the ones to believe in conspiracy theories (i.e the election was stolen, Jan 6th was ANTIFA, you get the picture). I've never been able to engage in a conversation/dialogue without it getting heated (and I know I can get defensive and I will freeze up and only later think of the things I could have/should have said). I suck at debating.
I thought this was well researched with the focus on the importance of understanding rural white issues and their reverence towards DT. It is depressing at the level of victimization many rural (White) people feel. It's sad that the level of "us vs them" is at an all time high.
I am worried about November. I do recommend this for those interested in politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder

Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder by Salman Rushdie My rating: 4 of 5 stars Salman Rus...