Friday, August 23, 2024

Review: Democracy in Retrograde: How to Make Changes Big and Small in Our Country and in Our Lives

Democracy in Retrograde: How to Make Changes Big and Small in Our Country and in Our Lives Democracy in Retrograde: How to Make Changes Big and Small in Our Country and in Our Lives by Sami Sage
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been on a political book binge.  I'm a little more optimistic about Nov with Harris and Walz as the nominees.  The DNC convention was fun; I think it deserves a mention that lots of groups were represented with a notable exception.  There were no Palestinian American speakers (and one Ruwa Romman did have a short speech prepared).
Anyway, this book is a nice supplement, but is more geared to someone who isn't well versed in the process.  I will be leaving my copy in my neighbor Free Little Library.  

Here is the speech that Ruwa Romman could not give:
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2024/08/dnc-speech-uncommitted-movement-harris-walz-ruwan-romman/

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder

Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder by Salman Rushdie My rating: 4 of 5 stars Salman Rus...