Sunday, July 26, 2020

Review: One Good Earl Deserves a Lover

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pippa is a scientist and she is engaged to Lord Castleton. Castleton who will let her run his estate and study what she wants. Castleton who isn't very smart and doesn't have personality on the page (he is kind and not a rogue). She wants to know things, so she approaches Cross. Cross, one of the 4 partners of The Fallen Angel, the premier club in London has his own trauma. He was the 2nd son and lived like the 2nd son. When his brother is killed in a carriage accident, his family blames him. Cross is born.
This was so much better than the first book (Penelope and Bourne; Pippa is Penelope's sister). I really loved Pippa and Cross. I enjoyed their interactions and how they "got" each other. I also liked that Castleton got his HEA too (even though he wasn't really a flushed out character, but was nice (and liked dogs!).
I do like Temple and Chase and look forward to their stories.
I read this for the Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo 2020 and will use this for Secret Identity (Pippa did not know Cross's true identity and the was a masked event the gaming hell)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...