Sunday, July 26, 2020

Review: Dangerous Curves Ahead

Dangerous Curves Ahead Dangerous Curves Ahead by Sugar Jamison
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ellis is a Harvard educated lawyer. The only problem is, she hates what she is doing, so she quits. Her love is fashion and helping people find clothes that fit them and work with their body types. So, she opens her own store. It helps that she also does alterations having done so with her own clothing growing up. She had a crush on Mike years ago. Only problem is her sister dated him once upon a time.
Mike is a ladies man who is taking a break from that. After working as a NYC detective, he needs a change of scenery. So he begins work as a detective in his much smaller college town. One day, he bumps into Ellis and he knows he knows her, but can't remember where from.
I really liked the banter and interactions between the characters. Ellis's parents are interesting (Walter is on autism spectrum and her mother is a hippie). Colin (Mike's friend) Belinda, and Cherri (Ellis's) are super fun. Ellis's sister, Dina, is a first class bitch. Her ex, Jack is an asshole.
There are a few things that knocked this down to a 3. Ellis was constantly pushing Mike away. For the WHOLE book. Enough already! I actually didn't have any issues with Mike. But Ellis so so fixated on her weight. Enough already (yes, I know I said that already)! The epilogue was appreciated; however, Ellis did something I had a huge problem with. (view spoiler)
I read this for Romance-opoly BFF's House moon track

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...