Sunday, July 26, 2020

Review: The Girl's Guide to (Man) Hunting

The Girl's Guide to (Man) Hunting The Girl's Guide to (Man) Hunting by Jessica Clare
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Miranda and Dane dated in high school. Briefly. After compromising pictures hit the internet, taken without consent, Dane left town to be drafted in the NHL. Miranda stayed behind. And wouldn't you know, it's a small town where everyone knows each other's business. So, of course Miranda was treated like the town slut.
Book picks up 3 weeks before Miranda leaves for a new job in Huston. She's just quit her job as the town's librarian. And, still, people will bring up the pictures. To them, she's not Miranda, a human being with feelings. She's "boobs." And did Dane get any criticism for the pictures? Yeah, you guessed correctly- nope.
Miranda learns Dane is back and he has setup a wilderness survival type camp. She decided to sign up for one of the classes, seduce him, and take compromising pictures of him. Yeah. Seduction while camping; catching your own food, no baths, no bed beyond the hard ground. Sexy. The whole seduction/sex in the woods with 5 other people close by was just creepy. You can't tell me people sleep all that soundly when you are in a sleeping bag on the ground. Not comfortable.
I really didn't get Miranda. She was wishy-washy and constantly changing her mind. I didn't like Dane either. I had a hard time believing that he had no idea about the pictures. I mean, really? Did. Not. Believe. It.
This tiny, judgmental town can go suck it.
Am I interested in reading the rest of this series? Nah. Don't think so.
I read this for Romance-opoly Amour Avenue moon track square

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...