Thursday, July 18, 2024

Review: You

You You by Caroline Kepnes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Holy shit what did I just read?
Told in 1st person- Joe.  
Joe works at a bookstore and a customer catches his eye.  So, he looks her up online and finds a lot of personal information.  Guinevere Beck, AKA Beck, has a proliferate online present.  She's on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc and posts about her life online. And while I could go on (and on) about social media and the addictions, the negative, but this book is about Joe.  And Joe's obsession with Beck.  She has no idea and thinks (at least at first) what a nice guy he is.  
Joe is obsessed.  He is a stalker.  He is a killer.  He is such a fucked up person.  Joe's narrative voice was surprisingly full of humor, both dark and snarky.  I don't think this would have worked had it been 3rd person.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder

Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder by Salman Rushdie My rating: 4 of 5 stars Salman Rus...