Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Review: Gender Queer

Gender Queer Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Banned/challenged book time!
For the record, I am straight, born female and identify as a female. Regardless, I found identifying with Maia while e was growing up and going through puberty. I had a lot of the same struggles (not shaving and been made fun of, body odor, periods). Growing up is hard and I do think it is harder for some bodies. Either way, while each of us is a unique person with unique experiences that make us us, we are also more alike in many things that get overlooked. I thought this was excellent and Maia comes full circle.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder

Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder by Salman Rushdie My rating: 4 of 5 stars Salman Rus...