Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Calling It

Review:

Calling It - Jen Doyle

Nate is a baseball player from a small town that has had a rough patch. He found out his fiance was cheating on him and he got into a severe car accident that could have ended his career. He though he did nothing wrong to cause the accident there is speculation he did, so he takes off to crash in his town to be with family.
Dorie (Lucinda) is the youngest with 6 older brothers. She took a job as the town librarian and gets to (essentially) start from scratch re-building the towns library that was harmed by recent weather (and neglect). Unbeknownst to Nate, his sister has rented his apt to Dorie.
They meet and things take off from there. I enjoyed the secondary characters, Nate's family/friends, Dories family/friends. I liked that Nate make mistakes and I felt he owned up to them (regarding family and not having much contact for a few years). While I understood Dorie's reluctance and fear, it did get old. I did find I had a hard time putting this down and was thoroughly entertained and invested in the story.
 
 

 

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1980350/calling-it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...