Sunday, May 13, 2018

Forged in Steele

Review:

Forged in Steele - Maya Banks

Steele, like Rio, was a character whose story I really wanted to read and I looked forward to it. But, like Rio's, I was disappointed. For the "Iceman" I didn't buy it. He's an asshole one moment, then incredibly sappy another. I got whiplash. What woman wants to be called an "idiot?" Really? Surly there could have been a better middle ground for Steele's sappiness. 
Maren, I liked. She's got a career. She's competent. I didn't care for a certain trope. Then, let's give her a psycho admirer and get her kidnapped! And have to be rescued. *Sigh*
The final, eye-roll came towards the end. Someone is CRITICALLY injured and bleeding out, but let's check the MEDICALLY STABLE pregnant woman to make sure she is not having a miscarriage. 
I was set to give this a 2. But, then, Steele was willing to put Maren and her career before his own, move anywhere she wanted, and, if needed or necessary, give up his career at KGI. While that didn't make my issues or disappointment with this book go away, if softened it a bit. So, a generous 3. 
I do think I'm done with this series.

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1668616/forged-in-steele

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...