Monday, December 25, 2017

Crossing Hearts

Review:

Crossing Hearts (An Atlanta Skyline Novel) - Rebecca Crowley

Rio is a star soccer player in Chile. He grew up poor and has been able to provide for his family through his career. He signs a contract to play for a US professional team. Eva works as his translator with the goal of teaching him some English.
Both Rio and Eva are likable and both have interesting backstories. Eva's mother was here illegally, Eva was born here. Her mother gets departed and she never sees her again. Timely, considering who sits in the Oval Office (I could go on, but won't considering Trump already has enough power and I don't want him to hijack my book review).
I liked the slow burn romance, but felt it was a bit quick in the end. I wanted more. I read this out of order, (Defending Hearts was first), but found it didn't matter.

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1626456/crossing-hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...