Monday, November 26, 2018

Burning Alive

Review:

Burning Alive - Shannon K. Butcher

I feel like I *should* have liked this more than I did.  I had a hard time connecting.  Helen has had visions of burning alive while a strange man watches her.  When she sees this man while she is dining out, she gets scared.  

I thought Helen was stupid at times.  I found her fear of fire annoying.  I really had a hard time connecting with her (or even liking her).  Drake was okay.  Their relationship developed fast. A bit of an open ended epilogue (dare I say cliffhanger?).

Interesting concepts (the tattooed trees) and I liked some of the secondary characters.  I'm on the fence about continuing on to book 2.

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1812246/burning-alive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...