Saturday, April 14, 2018

I Am Malala

Review:

I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban - Christina Lamb, Malala Yousafzai

I remember hearing in the news about Malala. I read the articles about her and followed her recovery, and later her activism. While this book is about her, her family, and her life, it is also a history lesson about Pakistan. Overall, I liked the interweaving of history with family life. This is one book I am getting my mom and sister (both are very conservative Trump voters and neither of them read much at all). For those who are anti-refugee, anti-Islam, anti-anything that is different should read this book. I think reading about someone, maybe making oneself a bit uncomfortable, learning and feeling empathy for a person born and raised in a different part of the world might make one a little less rigid and a little more open to opinions different then their own.

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1657974/i-am-malala

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...