Friday, October 27, 2017

Born a Crime

Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood - Trevor Noah

I borrowed the hardback from a friend. When I heard the audio (and I never listen to audios) was narrated by the author himself, I opted to listen to it instead. This made for nice entertainment to and from work for the last 2 weeks. 
Trevor Noah has improved from his first day, week, and year on The Daily Show. The Daily Show was my introduction to him. I hadn't heard about him prior to that. I learned so much about South African history from this book. He had an interesting upbringing (that's putting it mildly). And his mother; what a woman! Wow! There was so much to admire about her. 
The only thing that lacked: how he became a comedian. How did he progress from being a DJ to where he is now? That's not talked about in this book. But, anything else? Eye opening. Thought provoking. And most of all? You can learn something and be entertained. This was interesting.

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1611296/born-a-crime

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...