Saturday, June 24, 2017

Sacking the Quarterback

Review:

Sacking the Quarterback (BookShots Flames) - Samantha Towle

Melissa, the assistant state attorney, is tasked with throwing the book at Grayson. Grayson is arrested for drug possession. Grayson just happens to be the star player for the NFL. Melissa, the assistant state attorney, and Grayson are just HAWT for each other. Of course they are!
I liked that Melissa, the assistant state attorney, was driven and smart. I didn't like how she was "struck dumb" by the hot guy. I didn't appreciate how willing she was to put her career on the line for a guy she just met. Neither character had much depth. Overall, not as bad as it was when I first started. Nice little plot with the brother, the cartel, and Melissa, the assistant state attorney's, boss. But then, as it usually does in Romance Land, everything works out just fine.
I was nice and rounded up to a 3 for Goodreads. I probably should have rounded down for all the times I was reminded that Melissa was the assistant state attorney. Keeping in theme with the book, I made sure to throw out plenty of reminders! Just in case.
 
 

 

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1574105/sacking-the-quarterback

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...