Friday, September 20, 2024

Review: The Duke and I

The Duke and I The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A bit late to the Bridgerton party (I might be one of the last people to not have watched ANY season of Briderton on Netflix). I told myself I would watch only after I read the book.
I enjoyed the close knit Bridgerton clan. The family tree included in the book was helpful to. Daphne was a wonderful heroine. Simon was also pretty wonderful too (even if her reasons for not wanting kids was stupid). Simon's mother died in childbirth and his father was an emotionally abusive asshole. Simon also had a speech problem (he stuttered) that affected him for most of his childhood before he learned to cope and deal with it. It took the whole book for him to let his dislike of his father go and the power daddy dearest had over him.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder

Knife: Meditations After an Attempted Murder by Salman Rushdie My rating: 4 of 5 stars Salman Rus...