Saturday, March 30, 2024

Review: The Friend Zone

The Friend Zone The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Gray and Ivy first meet over text. Gray is a college senior, football star in need of a car. His prospective agent, Sean MacKenzie offers Ivy's car since she is currently in London learning all about her mom's bakery. They become friends.
A nice friends to lovers story. The push-pull "I want you, but you probably don't want me/I shouldn't" got old real fast. Luckily they do give in just after 1/2 through. I liked how kind and empathetic Gray was. He was the primary caregiver for his mom who died of breast cancer when he was a teenager. He was the youngest of 4 boys. Things came out about his childhood that happened to him that were done to him by his brothers and dad "to toughen him up."
All-in-all I enjoyed the banter back and forth. Each had cute, unexpected nicknames for the other. And there really wasn't some big misunderstanding that occurred at the end. My only issue was the trite trope of fairly inexperienced woman (she had sex once) with a very experienced guy. That annoyed me. Enjoyed the epilogue.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...