Friday, September 18, 2020

Review: No Good Duke Goes Unpunished

No Good Duke Goes Unpunished No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLean
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

William, AKA Temple, was a Marquess and the heir to a Dukedom when he was accused of murder. This opens with the event. His father is getting married to bride #4. His future step-mother to be (Mara) is also younger than him. Mara drugs him and miscalculates; thinking only to "ruin" herself and make her marriageable, he instead is accused of murder and ostracized. William has no memory of that night. Fast forward, he becomes one of the founders of the Fallen Angel, an exclusive gaming hall.
I really didn't like what Mara did. I didn't like the circumstances of her re-introduction to Temple/William. The problem was there were strings attached to her coming forward. I didn't understand her loyalty to her asshole brother (although one could agree she was protecting her orphanage). I still found Mara to be a sympathetic character and when it was all said and done, I did like her. I do wish she had acted earlier. I thought William/Temple was an awesome character.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...