Sunday, February 23, 2020

Pack Enforcer (this is the new title for the reissue)

Review:

Enforcer  - Lauren Dane

Full disclosure:The "fated mate" trope is not my favorite. It can be done in a way that doesn't irritate me and in a way I like. This is not that book.
What not to do:
1. Not tell the full truth. Nina consented to sex. That's it. Not a mating bond. Lex knew what was going to happen and deliberately didn't tell her the full story. That should not be okay. It's not sexy, it's disgusting.
2. Make the women (and only the women) go crazy with the mating bond. But wait! They don't have to go cray-cray! Sex with a 2nd man (tri-bond) with fix it! That sounds *super sexy*!
3. Sacrifice the plot. It was an interesting one. Someone in the Pack has gone Rogue and is stealing and killing. Backstabbing! Treachery! But......let's not focus on the that. It's about the sexy times.

[spoiler]

And the 3rd partner with Nina and Lex? Lex's brother Cade!

[/spoiler]

And I need to bleach my eyeballs.
I read this for Romance-opoly Fated Folly moon track.

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/2063315/pack-enforcer-this-is-the-new-title-for-the-reissue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...