Monday, February 17, 2020

I Am Princess X

Review:

I Am Princess X - Cherie Priest, Kali Ciesemier

Libby and May met when they were in the 5th grade and became fast friends. Together they created a comic called "I am Princess X." After Libby is killed in an auto accident, May gives up on the comic and Princess X is no more.
Fast forward about 3 years and May is now 16/17 and she notices Princess X everywhere (a sticker on a window, graffiti). Does this mean Libby is alive? Turns out there was more to the accident. And there are clues everywhere May looks. She enlists a boy in her building (who believes himself to be a computer hacker).
I did like the mix between traditional story/comic-graphic novel. I recognize May's a teen, but there were some things I thought she did/said/should have picked up on (like thinking her computer doesn't work- when it just needed to be plugged in to charge, really?!). This was a decent mystery and a good cast of characters. There was no romance in this one. Very much about friendships.
I read this for Romance-opoly Post Office moon track

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/2058781/i-am-princess-x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...