Monday, July 22, 2019

A Lily Among Thorns

Review:

A Lily Among Thorns - Rose Lerner

This had a slow start for me. Serena fell in love with one of her father's footmen. She then opted to run away and join a brothel becoming a well known courtesan. Solomon visits the brothel with his "friends" and gives Serena his quarterly allowance which allows her a chance at a new life.
I did think Serena was cold and harsh at times. I also thought Solomon was maybe too perfect (he sews! he cooks! he plays!). However, I could see them together and I thought they fit. I liked the spy subplot and the secondary love story with Rene and Elijah. I would have liked a little more about Rene/Elijah. And also- did anything happen to Serena's father?
For Ripped Bodice Bingo- on the page atheist

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1922952/a-lily-among-thorns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...