Saturday, July 13, 2019

Romancing the Duke

Review:

Romancing the Duke - Tessa Dare

Izzy father wrote fairytales. When he dies, she is left with nothing except a castle she inherits. When she arrives at this castle she finds someone living there. It turns out Ransom Vane Duke of Rothbury owns the castle...or does he? Ransom was injured in a sword fight, scarring his face and losing his vision (most of it).
I love Beauty and the Beast stories and I think this is one of them. I enjoyed both Izzy and Ransom and could believe their interest and later romance as they got to know each other. The band of people that help out Ransom later are interesting characters. I did think it strange that once Izzy started reading his correspondence and they both realized something was fishy, neither of them acted on it.
I also liked

[spoiler]

Izzy was the bread winner and author of the popular stories.

[/spoiler]


For Ripped Bodice Bingo- I'm using this for the free space

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1918140/romancing-the-duke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...