Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Appetites and Vices

Review:

Appetites & Vices - Felicia Grossman

Ursula is an outcast. She lacks a filter and says what's on her mind. She also happens to be Jewish. Jay is the son of one of the wealthiest families on the East Coast and has some Problems.
I really liked both main characters. Ursula is a strong, smart character. She's honest. I liked how the book pointed out the unfairness of certain things. Like being held to a different standard for being Jewish, a woman. I loved how Jay recognized those things, and acknowledged that things were different for her. I also felt Jay's opium addiction was realistic (even though clean for 2 years, the urge is always there and it's a constant fight to stay clean).
I would recommend this for those who enjoy historical romances. This is a bit different because it's sent in the US in Philadelphia/Delaware & for the Jewish heroine.
And for the record (and this should go on just about every historical romance I've read); some of the things that happened in this wouldn't have happened in this time period, but frankly I don't give a flying fuck. 

eARC courtesy of Harlequin - Carina Press and Netgalley
Publish date 2/18/2019 (yes I finally picked this up and finished it)

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1870256/appetites-and-vices

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...