Saturday, February 23, 2019

The Mammoth Book of Dieselpunk

Review:

The Mammoth Book of Dieselpunk - Sean Wallace

Dieselpunk: think steampunk, but set (mostly) in between WW1 and WW2 (and maybe more gritty/dark).

Like any anthologies some stories are better than others.  Here are the ones I liked:

Don Quixote:

I actually got this anthology for this story (Carrie Vaughn) since I liked her Kitty series.  This is completely (and I mean COMPLETELY) different.  It was pretty dark. 3*

Steel Dragons of a Luminous Sky:

Takes place during WW2.  This was dark, had treachery, and (spoiler alert) everyone.......dies.  It was both interesting.....and depressing.  3*

Tunnelvision:

Easily my favorite.  Lloyd, a miner, finds himself in an interesting situation.  I wouldn't have minded more! 4*

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1849626/the-mammoth-book-of-dieselpunk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...