Thursday, April 4, 2024

Review: Heroine Complex

Heroine Complex Heroine Complex by Sarah Kuhn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Evie is the personal assistant to Annie, AKA Aveda Jupiter, superhero extraordinaire. Evie and Annie have been best friends since childhood. San Francisco has portals that open and demons poor through. These demons generally take the form/imprint on the thing they see first. It can be cupcakes or an animal, etc.
Annie gets injured and Evie is talked into pretending to be her. Evie who does not like the spotlight and prefers the background. Evie has powers herself that she hides for fear of losing control. Evie's power is pretty cool (fire). It turns out, Evie is not bad at the superhero stuff.
I liked Evie and thought she went from being a doormat and passive to speaking up for herself. I wasn't too crazy about the romantic interest. I thought Evie and Nate were too hot and cold (either bitching to each other or they were all over each other).
I did not like Annie and thought she was a total BITCH. She's very self centered and frankly, not very nice to those around her. There are signs of a personality change coming, but I have absolutely no desire to read her story (which is the next book).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Heart Principle

The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang My rating: 5 of 5 stars This has been a fantastic series.  Of ...