Monday, August 24, 2020

Review: A Radiant Soul

A Radiant Soul A Radiant Soul by Kianna Alexander
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sarah was a pastry chef in Wyoming territory and returns home for her mother's 45th birthday and to attend a women's suffrage meeting. Owen is a carpenter, asked to build a gazebo for Sarah's mother as a birthday present. Sarah's father is playing matchmaker and would like Sarah to move back home and get married.
Sarah and Owen clash over women's suffrage. He is of he mind that women agitating for the vote hurts his right (Black men) to vote. He would like to see the 15th amendment fully enforced and only then should women fight for that right too.
This was a super quick "I love you" after knowing each other for a few weeks. Nice lesson on Garfield's assassination (he died about 79 days after being shot) and women's suffrage groups. I would have liked more on the romance. However, I think this was well balanced given the length.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...