Thursday, September 27, 2018

Black Lace

Review:

Black Lace - Beverly Jenkins

Lacy recently moved to Detroit from Atlanta. She is an activist and is focused on cleaning up the environment. She's been married and divorced. 
Drake is a doctor and now mayor of Detroit. Drake is also very attractive. Both are intelligent, driven people with the goal of making things better for the average person.
While I liked both main characters, I hated the "Big Bad" and his henchman, just as I was supposed to. They were awful people. 
I was disappointed with the suspense, I don't think this was suspenseful at all. Suspense-wise, the last quarter was where all the suspense was. A positive- Lacy was not kidnapped nor did she need to be rescued! 

Halloween Bingo (Booklikes) Diverse Voices

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1795518/black-lace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...