Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Suddenly You

Review:

Suddenly You - Lisa Kleypas

This was a very enjoyable book. I liked the unconventional meeting (Amanda hires a prostitute on her 30th birthday, the madam sends someone that is not). I really liked that both are average, everyday people. I loved Amanda's intelligence and Jack for seeing that intelligence. Having said that, it was a little disappointing when Amanda would say something like, "Oh a woman can't do that." On one hand, I understood that, but on the other, it would have been nice if she had run with it. Luckily, Jack doesn't have that opinion.
I liked that this wasn't an insta-love story. It is an insta-lust with a gradual "falling in love." While I understood Amanda's not wanting to tell Jack something big, I also thought she was underestimating him. I'm not a huge fan of that plot-line. I also thought Charles was an amazing character for his support of Amanda.
One of the best lines ever:
"Good," he said softly. "Set the world afire. Just let me hand you the matches."

For Ripped Bodice Bingo, I am using this for the heroine older than the hero square.
It would also work for the carriage sex square.

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1771579/suddenly-you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...