Thursday, April 27, 2017

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires

Review:

The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires - Molly Harper

This book focuses on Iris. She runs a vampire concierge service that happens to be the only one of it's kind in Half Moon Hollow. She does the things vampires don't want to (or can't) do. She was dropping off the contract for a new client when she found him on his kitchen floor. After offering her a nice sum of money, she took him home, putting him in the basement.
What follows is a dislike of each other that blossoms into more. I really liked Iris. She is sarcastic, fun, intelligent. She gave up a lot to be able to raise her younger sister when their parents were killed. I enjoyed the interactions between her and Gigi (17 years old). The interactions between Cal and Gigi was also hilarious. I liked how well he integrated into their family.
Cal was harder to like at first, but he got much better. Jane, Andrea, and Jolene also make appearances here. (Not necessary to read Jane's books first, but I think I enjoyed this more because I read them first). Liked the elements of botany in the mystery. The who-done-it was easily guessed, but I found I didn't care!
Looking forward at other books in the series, I see Gigi gets her own book! Unfortunately it doesn't look like she majored in nursing at the U of K like mentioned in this book. (Bummer, since I am one).

 

Booklikes-opoly:  #16 Carsland book has 356 pages

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1558199/the-care-and-feeding-of-stray-vampires

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...