Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Nobody's Baby But Mine

Review:

Nobody's Baby but Mine  - Susan Elizabeth Phillips

A friend lent me this book and I needed a book with a baby on the cover for Ripped Bodice Bingo. I'm using this shitty book for that square! And here's why I thought it was a shitty book: rant ahead. And maybe a little spoilery. And maybe a little cussing. You've been warned.

So, Jane. Jane is a GENIUS and DESPERATELY wants a baby. So does she do what a NORMAL person would do? Fuck no! Why would one use a sperm bank (don't cha know that medical students are notorious for sperm donation?!) when one could trick an unsuspecting guy instead?! Now, granted, she doesn't get pregnant the first time when she sabotaged a condom. No, that happens the second time when they have unprotected sex. But, see it's okay becomes she didn't enjoy herself. Amiright? 
The whole "I'm super smart and it was hard for me growing up, so I want a less intelligent baby! So, I'm going to pick a football player because they all lack intelligence!" just pissed me off. Judgmental much? She's such an idiot. 
On the other side, Cal. I really didn't like him either. "...why should he chose a desperate 30 year old..." Yeah, he is 36. Anyone over 24 is "too old." FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!! I thought he was mean, spiteful, ageist. Granted, he had every right to be pissed, but he took it too far.
I could not forgive (or forget) anything that they did. Much less like them or even want these 2 toxic people to be together. 
The best parts of this book were Lynn, Annie, and Jim.
This just hit a lot of my hates. It definitely feels like I didn't read the same book that so many others read (and loved).
 
 

 

Original post: RachelGoodbyeBorders.booklikes.com/post/1783211/nobody-s-baby-but-mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: After the End

After the End by Katie Ruggle My rating: 4 of 5 stars Nice brief update featuring each couple from the previous...