The Love Hypothesis by Ali HazelwoodMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
I plan on watching the movie this weekend.
Olive is a PhD candidate who needs to convince her best friend Anh is it okay to date her ex (I use this term loosly; they went out a few times). So, that's fake a relationship! That someone is Adam, who is a professor, grumpy, hot, (and big).
I liked the STEM representation. I thought this had good banter.
I didn't care much for the professor/student relationship (I like fake dating, but not the student-teacher trope). It's also noted the Olive is demi sexual, but rather than acknowledge, except, and realize that is okay and she is who she is; it's instead presentated as "weird" and "not normal." I would have liked to see more of a discussion related to this.
For two highly intelligent people, there was also a lot of "miscommunications". I found this so frustrating and these things keep this from being rated higher. I do think the 3 is generous. And did I mention Adam is big?
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment