I Am Not a Robot: My Year Using AI to Do (Almost) Everything by Joanna SternMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Full disclosure: I have mixed feelings about AI. I do think it should be regulated and not the free-for-all it is now. I don't like data centers. I also wonder at the AI "bubble" that is keeping the markets high. That bubble could pop and we are in deep shit if it does (should it happen while a certain dictator/authoritarian/king is still the President of the US).
Back on topic, this author is a each journalist and used/lived with AI for a year. There are positives. Like AI can help (as an adjunct) to routine screenings (think mammograms, Colonoscopies, ete). I think AI could really benefit in areas that are limited in terms of specialists (like radiologists). I don't think AI should replace a person, but rather work with someone to better enhance what they do (and how they do it).
I do limit AI in my own personal life (I don't use Chat GTP for example), but would use it enhance experiences (like when I travel- using it to compile reviews so we know what to see/where to go).
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment