Saturday, September 5, 2026

Review: By the Book

By the Book By the Book by Jasmine Guillory
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Izzy feels stuck. She's been at her job for a few years and hasn't gotten the promotion she wanted. Still living at home, she's ready for a change. When an opportunity comes up to coach someone with a long promised memoir, she jumps at the chance.
Beau is struggling to write. Son to famous parents (his mom was a model and father an Ocscar winning screenwriter), he's got some expectations.
Beauty and the Beast is one of my personal favorites (I loved both the cartoon and live-action with Emma Watson). I was looking forward to this one. But I was so bored! It's a book about the writing process. And helping someone through the writing process. I had difficulty connecting with the characters too. Clean, very Disney-fied.

Smart Bitches Summer Bingo: flowers on cover

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: I Am Not a Robot: My Year Using AI to Do (Almost) Everything

I Am Not a Robot: My Year Using AI to Do (Almost) Everything by Joanna Stern My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...