Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Review: Beauty and the Bounty Hunter

Beauty and the Bounty Hunter Beauty and the Bounty Hunter by Lori Austin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book is a good example of a good start and then once you learn more about the characters (in this case, just 1 of them), you realize the book ain't it.
Cat (Cathleen) was attacked and raped, her husband was murdered.  This leads to a transformation to get vengeance.  When the reader meets her, she is a bounty hunter.  And an effective one.  She gets who she goes after.  
Alexi, a conman who taught her what she knows, comes back into her life.  Apparently she's attracted too much attention and there are elements who want her eliminated.  He could have just told her that, but no, he leads her on a chase to find him.  
My issue wasn't with Cat, for the most part I liked her.  Alexi was the one I had issues with.  I didn't feel like they communicated well and had multiple issue related to this throughout the book.  
This book had a lot on common with some of the "old skool" romances of the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.  We don't learn this until the end of the book, but Alexi know what happened to Cat.  And in order to "fix her" he demanded sex as payment for teaching her the art of the con.  I already didn't like him, but that was the final nail on his coffin.  
Smart Bitches Summer Bingo:  Historical, not a regency

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Summer Thaw

Summer Thaw by Rebecca Jenshak My rating: 2 of 5 stars Colin has a thing for Hattie. But, I don...